Do you want to be our friend? We would like to be yours, and give you a free book!
October 1-7 is Buy A Friend A Book Week . Yes, we know this is another one of those made-up holidays like Sweetest Day and Valentine's Day, but it's a good excuse for us to have some fun and give away a prize.
So until October 7th, we want you to tell us why you are such a good friend - and maybe win a free book!
How to Enter
Just fill out the form at the bottom of this post with the message explaining why you are such a great friend to Mister Troll, Billy Goat, or both.
Together, Mister Troll and I will select one winner based on the content of his or her message. We will judge each entry based on creativity and cleverness, and together pick the one we think is best.
The winner will select one book that has been explicitly named by Mister Troll or me (Billy Goat) on Books Under the Bridge. Books Under the Bridge will purchase the book from Amazon.com and send the book to the winner, along with a personal letter. Also, the winner will have his or her entry posted on Books Under the Bridge, with a possible link back to the winner's blog.
- One entry per person.
- Entries limited to 100 words. Any extra words will be ignored.
- Winner will be notified by E-mail.
Further Rules Clarifications
- All contest submissions must be received by 11:49 PM EDT on October 7, 2007.
- If a book is named by Mister Troll or Billy Goat in the Books Under the Bridge comments, this book can be selected by the winner.
- The winner's selected book cannot cost Books Under the Bridge more than 25 US dollars (including shipping costs). If the named book cannot be bought for this price or less, the winner will be asked to select another book.
- If the winner's selected book cannot be purchased new, Books Under the Bridge will purchase this book in used condition. The winner will be notified in such a case, and allowed to select a different book if he or she so chooses.
- If the winner selects a short story listed on Books Under the Bridge, we will attempt to purchase an anthology that includes the story. If we cannot purchase an anthology with this story, the winner will be allowed to select a different book.
- The winner will be notified by E-mail. If he or she does not respond within one week, a new winner will be chosen.
- You own the text of your entry, but by entering, you give Books Under the Bridge permission to reproduce your entry free of charge on Books Under the Bridge, and in any future print or electronic media produced by Books Under the Bridge.
This contest has closed.